Friday, May 3, 2013

Nautical One Piece Swimsuit



MATERIALS
 
Size 10 thread in blue
Size 10 thread in red
Size 10 thread in white
2 sew on snaps
3 tiny buttons
 
GAUGE
 
As you can guess by now, I don't bother too much with gauge. I always use the same size hook and if you find a hook that works with one of my patterns it will work for all my patterns.
 
DIRECTIONS
 
NOTE:  The bottom of the swimsuit will be a little baggy in the back but this will help get the suit on and off the doll more easily.
 
Waistband:
 
Row 1:  With red, ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn.  (10 sts)
 
Rows 2-36:  Ch 1, sc in BACK LOOPS only of each st across, turn.  (10 sts)
 
Edging:
 
Ch 1, sc in end of each row across first long edge of piece (36 sts), ch 1, sc across short edge, ch 1, sc in end of each row across 2nd long edge of piece (36 sts).  Fasten off.
 
Top:
 
Row 1:  Holding RS facing, join white with sc in first st of either long edge of waistband, sc in same st as joining, 2 sc in each st across, turn.  (72 sts)
 
Rows 2-5:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.  (72 sts)
 
Row 6:  Ch 1, (sc dec over next 2 sts) across, turn.  (36 sts)
 
Row 7:  Ch 1, sc in next 12 sts, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across (first strap), sc in next 12 sts, ch 21, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across (second strap), sc in last 12 sts.  Fasten off.
 
Tie a length of white thread around center of top, gather and knot off to create the bandeau look.
 
Bottom:
 
Row 1:  On opposite side of red waistband with RS facing, join blue with sc in first st, sc in each st across, turn.  (36 sts)
 
Rows 2-4:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.  (36 sts)
 
Row 5:  Ch 1, (sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) across, turn.  (54 sts)
 
Row 6:  Sl st in first 15 sts, sc in next 24 sts, leave remaining sts unworked, turn.  (24 sts)
 
Rows 7-9:  Ch 1, sc dec over first 2 sts, sc in next 20 (18,16) sts, sc dec over last 2 sts, turn.  (22, 20, 18 sts)
 
Rows 10-12:  Ch 1, (sc dec over next 2 sts) twice, sc in next 10 (6, 2) sts, (sc dec over next 2 sts) twice. turn.  (14, 10, 6 sts)
 
Rows 13-17:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.  (6 sts)
 
Rows 18-25:  Ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 4 (6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18) sts, 2 sc in last 2 sts, turn.  (8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22 sts)
 
Rows 26-29:  Ch 1, sc in each st across.  Fasten off.  (22 sts)
 
Finishing: 
 
Sew back of bottom to back of waistband easing to fit.
 
Sew 2 snaps to back opening.

Sew 3 buttons spaced down front of suit as shown.
 
25 sc evenly spaced around each leg opening. 
 
 
 
 


 
 

12 comments:

val said...

I love stitching your patterns my two 5 year old grand daughters love them.

They get excited when they see a new outfit on your site.

Thank you so much for sharing your patterns

val said...

Also i saw your vote question gosh would my granddaughter love kelly, skipper patterns she tells me its not fairthat they don't have pretty clothes and haveyou ever considered ken clothes :)

Véro said...

thank you for sharing this jersey original bath
friendship véro

pinkpowderpuff said...

Val,

I will be converting some patterns to fit Kelly/Skipper if there is enough interest. I have not considered Ken clothes because I have never been interested in the Ken doll or his fashions. You can't really make clothes for him that are pretty...lol

pinkpowderpuff said...

Vero,

:-)

afamiliarillusion said...

This is a really cute pattern! I love how you make sets, it's awesome!

pinkpowderpuff said...

Thank you afamilarillusion!

I am glad you enjoy my sets. I enjoy making them. Check back in a couple of weeks for more patterns!

Michelle Marble said...

I love all your patterns! Thanks for being so generous with you time and talent.

Michelle Marble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkpowderpuff said...

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for your appreciative comments. I do have a new outfit coming soon!

CruzG said...

First off let me say Thank you Thank you Thank you for sharing your patterns! Recently I noticed that you have changed your background and while I love the polka dots it makes it hard to read the patterns. Not sure if I'm the only one having this problem or not?

pinkpowderpuff said...

CruzG,

The polka dot background only takes up a couple of inches on each side of the page, so I don't think that it is interfering. Maybe it is the color and font of the words that is making it more difficult. If too many people have a problem I can make it a little simpler.