Saturday, December 24, 2011

Second attempt at curling Barbie's hair

I know, I know, this is not a crocheted dress, but since I am doing these dolls as Christmas gifts and this is a blog for Barbie, I thought I would share the results.  I am really pleased with the outcome of this Barbie's hair even though it is a little TOO curly.  I am getting better at rolling her hair.  I actually taped down the ends of her hair this time and the ends turn out so much better.  I have thought of an even better way to do it next time, though.  The one thing I would have done better this time is taking my time when separating the curls, re-curling them with my finger so there would be a little less frizz, but all in all it turned out great. 
Please excuse the nakedness of the Barbie....lol


6 comments:

Barbara said...

Her hair looks great! I too have been learning to re style their hair. I found tiny velcro rollers. Are you using the "boiling perm" method?

Véro said...

well what patience to curl hair Barbie
the result is beautiful
friendships
véro

CJ said...

She looks great!

pinkpowderpuff said...

Thank you everybody!! I have been experimenting with different ways and will continue to show what I do in the future. I do use the "boiling water,then ice water" perm method and it seems to work the best.

Virginia said...

I seen a barbie dress on a brat doll on Ebay that I just love . the lady said she just made it up . and she was selling it with the doll. she didn't have a pattern . I thought you might like it and make your own pattern. Email my and I'll send you pictures of it . Your patterns are great! I use heavier yarn and a J hook to make clothes for a my size Barbie .thanks for your great work.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Thanks Virginia, I emailed a reply to the email I was sent from this post, but I don't know if that worked or not. I would like to see a pic of the dress you are talking about and I will see if it is something I can make into a pattern...