Friday, December 23, 2011

curling Barbie's hair

Here is my first attempt at curling Barbie's hair with straws.  It turned out pretty good I think.  Next time I want to use a doll with much longer hair so it will have pretty, long ringlets.  Something else I will do is use some perm papers to hold  Barbie's hair in place at the ends.  The ends turned out a little ugly this time, but all in all, I am happy with it.  I know it has been a long time since my last post, but making my Christmas gifts is taking up all my time.  I will have a new dress out next week sometime after I can get Christmas behind me.

7 comments:

Véro said...

het resultaat is echt mooi ik hou van
Ik kijk uit naar uw volgende jurk
Heeft u een geweldige kerst
vriendschappen
véro

FrootyLoops1209 said...

How do you do it?

pinkpowderpuff said...

To curl Barbie's hair I use drinking straws. First, cut a straw in half. Then you take a small section of hair and wrap it around the section of straw starting at the bottom of straw
(I tape end of Barbie's hair to straw). Wrap hair up the straw in a spiral toward Barbie's head. Stick a straigh pin through straw right on into Barbie's head. After you get all the hair wrapped in straws, dunk Barbie's head in boiling water for about 10 seconds, then dunk her head in ice cold water for 10 seconds. Let hair dry completely. Carefully unwrap her hair. Try to be careful if you want to separate curls, otherwise it ends up frizzy. Hope this helps...

Anonymous said...

I've recently read in a Doll World magazine that you're supposed to curl a doll's hair with perm papers, rolling the hair while it's dry. After it's all rolled up, you're supposed to get the hair damp and then allow it to dry.

pinkpowderpuff said...

I am sure that method would work as well, but as the old cliche goes, "there is more than one way to skin a cat"! I wonder why we say that expression, it sound awful when you stop and think about it...lol.

Anonymous said...

I've never hear of that saying. Yuck! Scary, especially when I have a lot of cats. I even have six baby kittens and their mama who sleep on the couch with me.

pinkpowderpuff said...

I also have and love cats. I bet those 6 baby kittens are just to precious!