Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pink Shell Top

Here is the pattern for the pink shell top.  Row 8 is an an eyelet row, so I went ahead and crocheted chains to weave through it.  You could also use some 1/4th" ribbon or just leave top as is.



Materials

Size 10 thread in French Rose
Size 10 thread in White (optional)
Size 6 (1.8 mm) steel hook
3 sew on snaps

Gauge

10 sc = 1 inch, 10 sc rows = 1 inch

Directions

Note

Sc next 2 sts tog = a dec worked as follows.  Insert hook in st indicated, pull up loop (2 loops on hook), insert hook in next st indicated, pull up loop (3 loops on hook),  yarn over and pull through all 3 loops on hook.

Shell = (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in st indicated

Row 1:  Starting above bust, with French Rose, ch 41, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, turn.  (40 sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc in first st, sk next st, shell in next st, sk next st, [sc in next st, sk next st, shell in next st, sk next st] across, turn.  (10 sc, 10 shells)

Row 3:  Ch 1, sc in first ch 2 sp, shell in next sc, [sc in next ch 2 sp, shell in next sc] across, turn.  (10 shells, 10 sc)

Rows 4-5:  Repeat row 3.

Row 6:  Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog, sc in next ch 2 sp, sc next 2 sts tog, sk next sc, [sc next 2 sts tog, sc in next ch 2 sp, sc next 2 sts tog, sk next sc] across, only sc in last sc instead of sk, turn.  (31 sc)

Row 7:  Ch 1, sc in ea st across, turn.  (31 sc)

Row 8:  (Eyelet row)  Ch 1, sc in first st, [ch 2, sk next st, sc in next] across, turn.  (15 ch 2 spaces)

Row 9:  Ch 1, sc in first ch 2 sp, [shell in next ch 2 sp, sc in next ch 2 sp] across, turn.  (8 sc, 7 shells)

Row 10:  Ch 1, shell in first sc, [sc in next ch 2 sp, shell in next sc] across, turn.  (8 shells, 7 sc)

Row 11:   Repeat row 9.

Row 12:  Repeat row 10.

Row 13:  Ch 1, sc in first 2 dc, 3 sc in ch 2 sp, sc in next 2 dc, [sk next sc, sc in next 2 dc, 3 sc in ch 2 sp, sc in next 2 dc] across.  Fasten off.

Tie (optional)

Make 2:  Ch 50 with white.  Fasten off.  Tie one ch to end of row 8 on left back and one to end of row 8 on right back.  Weave each ch so they meet in center front.  Tie in bow.

Finishing

Sew 3 snaps evenly spaced down back of top.

3 comments:

glorm said...

I love shell patterns, especially in pink. There are a few little things but I've worked them out, but I believe that you missed "ch 1" at the beginning of some rows. A new crocheter might not understand that they belong there.

I was practicing this pattern and didn't know how to "sc next 2 dc tog" so I just did a "dec next 2 dc". LOL. It worked.

Thank you for presenting these patterns. If I weren't working on some sweaters I would be making doll clothes.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Yes, I do have a problem remembering to put ch 1, cuz I do not write that down when I am scribling my pattern down on paper. I did see that I forgot it on a few rows. I have already corrected that, but I am going to look up the best way to write the decreases down. I am glad somebody is actually "proof-reading" my patterns. Thanks.

pinkpowderpuff said...

I looked up the "sc next 2 dc tog" and it is just another variation of a dec, which is the way I learned it. So I decided to make a note at the beginning of the pattern instead of changing it, cuz it is the way I am already used to.