Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pink Shell Skirt

I am behind on my goals to post every week :-(  Oh well!  I am not done with the set that I plan on calling "Summer Stroll and Swim" set, but here is the pattern for the first piece.  It looks like a dress in the picture, but it is actually 2 pieces; a skirt and a top.  I like to do it that way, so there are more possibilities to mix-and-match pieces.  The whole set will include the pink top, the pink skirt, the hat, the purse, a pair of shorts, a bathing suit, a beach bag, and a beach towel.  Hopefully, I will get them posted this week. 



Materials

Size 10 thread in French Rose
Size 6 (1.8 mm) steel hook
One sew on snap

Gauge

10 sc = 1 inch, 10 sc rows = 1 inch

Directions

Note:  First row or two may not seem to be long enough to overlap at back, but it will be when the shell rows are worked.

Shell = (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in st indicated

Row 1:  With French Rose, ch 41, sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch across, turn.  (40 sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc in first st, sk next st, shell in next st, sk next st, [sc in next st, sk next st, shell in next st, sk next st] across, turn.  (10 sc, 10 shells)

Row 3:  Ch 1, sc in first ch 2 sp, shell in next sc, [sc in next ch 2 sp, shell in next sc] across, turn.  (10 shells, 10 sc)

Rows 4-5:  Repeat row 3.

Round 6:  Ch 1, sc in first ch 2 sp, shell in next sc, [sc in next ch 2 sp, shell in next sc] across, join to first sc, turn.  (10 shells, 10 sc).

Rounds 7-desired length:  Repeat round 6. 

Last round:  Ch 1, sc in first two dc, 3 sc in next ch 2 sp, sc in next 2 dc, sk next sc, [sc in next 2 dc, 3 sc in next ch 2 sp, sc in next 2 dc, sk next sc] across to last sc, work sc in last sc instead of sk.  Fasten off.

Finishing

Sew snap to back opening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for posting these. They are great.

Whoops, someone needs to read my latest blog on switching from Embedded Comments so people won't show as Anonymous. ;)

glorm (gloriastitches)

pinkpowderpuff said...

Thanks, and I took a look at your blog and followed your advice. Hopefully it helps. I was even having trouble replying. Thanks again.

glorm said...

Wow--someone actually followed my advice? LOL. I know very little about computers so people who know me probably wouldn't follow it, but it works.

It makes life (commenting) easier for many people.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Lol. As little as you think you know about computers, I know even less so it was helpful to me.