Friday, September 2, 2011

Chocolate Skirt with Pink Ruffle

This is a pretty simple skirt to make.  You can do what I did with the two pink stripes or you could leave those out to reduce having to fasten off and weave in ends.  Or you can try to carry the yarn.  It looks a little messy on the inside but you don't have to deal with those pesky ends....lol

Materials

Size 10 thread in brown
Size 10 thread in pink
one sew on snap
Size 6 (1.8  mm) steel hook

Gauge

10 sc = 1 inch,10 sc rows = 1 inch

Directions

Row 1:  Beg at hips, with brown, ch 41, sc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in next ch, [sc in next ch, dc in next ch] across, turn.  (40 sts)

Rows 2-3:  Ch 1, sc in first dc, dc in next sc, [sc in next dc, dc in next sc] across, turn.  (40 sts)

Row 4:  Ch 1, [(sc in first dc, dc in next sc) 3 times, (sc, dc) in next dc, (sc, dc) in next sc] across, turn.  (50 sts)

Row 5:  Repeat row 2. (50 sts)

Rounds 6-15:  Working in rounds, ch 1, sc in first dc, dc in next sc, [sc in next dc, dc in next sc] around, join to beg sc.  TURN AT ENDS OF ROUNDS to continue in pattern.  Fasten off at end of round 15.

Round 16:  Join pink with sc in any st, sc in each st around, join to beg sc.  Fasten off.  (50 sc)

Round 17:  Join brown with sl st in any st, ch 2 (counts as first dc), dc in each st around, join in top of beg ch 2.  Fasten off.  (50 dc)

Rounds 18 & 19:  Repeat  rounds 16 & 17 once more.

Round 20:  Join pink with sl st in any stitch, ch 4, 4 tr in same st as joining, sk next st, [5 tr in next st, sk next st] around, join in top of beg ch 4.  Fasten off. 

Finishing

Sew snap to back opening.




12 comments:

Susan said...

I love your designs for Barbie! Thanks for sharing!

pinkpowderpuff said...

You are very welcome. I hope to get something new up very soon :-)

Sharon said...

When I complete row 4 of the chocolate skirt, I end up with way more than 50 stitches. Please help! LOL

pinkpowderpuff said...

Ok Sharon, here is how you work row four: (sc in dc, dc in sc)3 times = 6 sts, then the increase (sc,dc)in next dc = 2 sts, then another increase (sc,dc)in next sc = 2 sts. All together this will make 10 sts worked in 8 sts of previous row. Repeat this 5 times across row should = 50 sts worked in 40 sts of previous row. Hope this makes it a little clearer :-)

Sharon said...

Thanks Ppowderpuff! I got it now! That's what I get for crocheting while sleepy. :-)

pinkpowderpuff said...

LOL, I know what you mean. I have done that more times than I care to count :-)

Anonymous said...

Would these patterns fit the 2009Mattel (Inc INDONESIA) Barbie dolls? Thanks for sharing your designs. they are awesome!

pinkpowderpuff said...

Thank you and you're welcome :-) As for whether they would fit the doll you are talking about. I don't know. All I know about Barbie's is there is a basic old body with the teeny tiny waist and the basic new Barbie with the new waist and a bellybutton. I know there are all sorts of other Barbie's and Barbie bodies, but I am just talking about and familiar with the basic playline dolls. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Anonymous said...

Where can I get the pattern for the matching top she's wearing with this skirt? Sharlene

pinkpowderpuff said...

The piece is called "Chocolate strapless top". Barbie is wearing it with the pants in the picture for that pattern.
http://crochetforbarbie.blogspot.com/2011/09/brown-strapless-top.html

amy oneal said...

My gauge was 7 stitches by 10 rows, so I started the skirt with 31 chains and it was just perfect. It had enough overlap that I did not even sew up the back seam. I probably could have cut it down 2-3 stitches more if I wanted to sew up the seam.

Rock on, Katrinna! Love your designs! I think you are a genius :)

Anonymous said...

Pinkpowderpuff, THANK YOU soOO much for sharing your patterns. I have been crocheting your pink and brown set. I finished the strapless top and it worked up perfect. I am now working on the skirt with the ruffle. I LOVE your designs. -mary thon