Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pink Ruffle Sleeveless Top

  I love this top.  It can be paired with either of the two skirts or the pants and it can be with or without the jacket.  When paired with the pink ruffled skirt it looks like a one piece dress. 








Materials

Size 10 thread in pink
Size 6 (1.8 mm) steel hook
one sew on snap

Gauge

10 sc = 1 inch
10 sc rows = 1 inch


Pink Ruffled Sleeveless Top Directions

Row 1:  Beg right below bust, with pink, ch 35, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn. (34 sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, 2 sc in next st, [sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st] across to last 4 sts, sc in last 4 sts, turn.  (40)

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. (40 sc)

Row 4:  Ch 1, sc in first 5 sts, 2 sc in next st, [sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st] across to last 4 sts, sc in last 4 sts, turn.  (46 sc)

Row 5: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. (46 sc)

Rows 6 and 7: Repeat row 5.

Row 8: (Working first back) Ch 1, sc in first 10 sts, turn. (10 sc)

Row 9: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. (10 sc)

Rows 10-15: Repeat row 9.  Fasten off.

Row 8: (Working first front) Sk next 4 sts of row 7 (armhole), join pink with sc in next st, sc in next 8 sts, turn. (9 sc)

Row 9: Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog, sc in last 7 sts, turn. (8 sc)

Row 10: Ch 1, sc in first 6 sts, sc last 2 sts tog, turn. (7 sc)

Row 11: Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog, sc in last 5 sts, turn. (6 sc)

Row 12: Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, sc last 2 sts tog, turn. (5 sc)

Row 13: Ch 1, sc first 2 sts tog, sc in last 3 sts, turn. (4 sc)

Rows 14 and 15: Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. (4 sc)  Fasten off, leaving a long end to sew shoulder seams.

For second front and second back, flip piece over and repeat first front and first back, joining pink with a sl st on opposite side of row 7.

LACE

Row 1:  Working on opposite side of starting ch with right side facing you, join pink with sc in first ch, sc in each ch across, turn. (34 sc)

Row 2:  Ch 1, sc in first 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, [sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st]across to last 2 sts, sc in last 2 sts, turn. (42 sc)

Row 3:  Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn. (42 sc)

Row 4:  Ch 1, sc in first st, ch 3, sk next st, sc in next st, [ch 3, sk next st, sc in next st]across to last st, sk last st, turn. (20 ch 3 spaces)

Row 5:  Ch 5, dc in first ch sp, sc in next ch sp, [(dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch sp, sc in next ch sp]across, turn. (10 v-stitches, 10 sc made)

Row 6:  Ch 5, dc in first sc, sc in next ch 2 sp of v-stitch, [(dc, ch 2, dc) in next sc, sc in next ch 2 sp of v-stitch]across, turn. (10 v-stitches, 10 sc made)

Rows 7-10:  Repeat row 6.

Row 11:  Sl st in first ch sp, ch 4, 4 tr in same sp, 5 tr in next sc, [5 tr in next ch 2 sp of v-stitch, 5 tr in next sc] across to last ch sp, tr in last ch sp. (20 5 tr clusters made)  Fasten off.

FINISHING

1.  Carefully matching stitches of front and back together, sew shoulder seams.

2.  For neckline, starting at end of row one of left back, join pink with sc, working in ends of rows of left back, continuing across top of left back, around neckline, across top right back and down ends of rows to row one of right back, work approx. 66 sc evenly spaced making sure to work 3 sc in each corner.  It doesn't matter if you do more or less, it is just for finishing and looking nice.  Fasten off.

3.  For armholes, starting at center of underarm, join pink with sc, work approx. 22 sc evenly spaced around, join to first sc.  Again, it doesn't matter if you have a couple more or whatever, just so it looks nice and finished.  Fasten off.

4.  Sew 3 snaps evenly spaced down back to lace part of blouse.  I left the rest open or you can try to sew snaps on the lace part also.



16 comments:

Ann said...

I've started the Pink Ruffle Sleeveless Top and wonder if I'm reading the pattern wrong somewhere. On Row 2 should I do 2 sc in a stitch rather than sc next 2 sts tog?

pinkpowderpuff said...

Wow, I can't believe I messed up so bad there...lol. Yes, these are increase rows. I even have the amount of the stitches going up at the end of the rows. I am so sorry. I will fix right now.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Ok, I think I have fixed it. I think I should have my daughter try to follow my patterns to find mistakes before I post them...lol. Thanks.

Ann said...

Thank you, I've just got my crochet cotton and hook ready to start. I want to make all that you have done anyway, so I can let you know too.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Ok, great!! That would help me a lot!

Ann said...

I think the lace part has a bit of a similar problem in row 2. I just finished it and it looks great on my Barbie, now on to the matching skirt.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Yes, I noticed that part later. It was my first pattern ever and had to start over a couple of times so I think I just confused myself. No more trying to do the math in my head...lol. Thanks for catching my mistakes so I can fix them :-)

blondtalent said...

I've made the pink ruffle sleeveless top and it came out perfect! Instructions are clear and it is looking great.

pinkpowderpuff said...

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. It really helps to know if my patterns are written clearly or not.

MCEA said...

I just saw you blog; I'm loving it! While doing the pink ruffled sleeveless top; I encounter a roadblock. On the lace part, row 10, when completed the ruffles looked reverse or should say it is reversed. They do not matched the ones on the skirt. Althouht I repeated the whole thing just to be on the safe side, it came off just as my first attempt. You mentioned that it was your first pattern and that you made the corrections but please check it again. When I add another row of six to the lace it looked ok fine.
Eagerly looking forward to your responds

pinkpowderpuff said...

Hi MCEA,

I think the question you are asking has to do with the right/wrong side of the piece. I do not keep track of right/wrong side of piece if I do not think it will make much difference in how it looks. I think the reason it looks reversed is because the ruffle row ended up being worked on the wrong side of piece, but to me that did not make a difference. If you llike, you can add another row like it seems that you did and then that would make the ruffle row on the "right" side of piece or alternately, you could start row 1 of lace on opposite side of beginning chain with the piece wrong side facing you instead of right side facing you, or you could just turn shirt inside out which is what i did because the rest of top looks the same either side as long as you sew the shoulder seams inside. Hope this helps....

Anonymous said...

My question pertains to row 8. the instructions to work the back loop, is that done in every row through 15? Aslo I am very confused by the second row 8. I am to go back down to row 7 and work in the free front loops? What function does the piece created when working the first 8 through 15 play?

pinkpowderpuff said...

To anonymous,

Row 8 is not worked in back loops, it is the first back (there is the right back and left back) So you will have a first and second back and also a first and second front. You will later sew the first back and first front together at the should seams and also the same with the second front and the second back. I guess I should have said left and right and maybe that would have been clearer?

mayra rojas said...

Idk why but i have made the skirt and it was too big. Im doing the sleeveless top and I think is to big too..😞

mayra rojas said...

Yeah!! I MADE IT..THANK YOU FOR THE PATTERN..🖒😙

mariasilva said...

I LOVED YOUR BLOG AND YOUR PATTERNS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SHARING. WHEN I GET TIME TO MAKE ANYTHING, I'LL COME TO SAY AND BEG FOR HELP IF NEEDED.
FRIENDLY
maria